Mobile Web Application Helps
Diners On-the-Go Find Local Restaurants
Dining on Cape Cod is the premier restaurant directory for Cape Cod, Massachusetts restaurants. HSS developed an integrated mobile web application to serve as a handheld version of the Dining Guide, allowing users to conveniently browse restaurants and take advantage of mobile-specific features on smartphones such as iPhone, Android and Blackberry.
Mobile Web Application Design, Integration & Device Detection
The mobile website app is developed for a seamless integration with the existing desktop website:
- Mobile Design Templates - The mobile website utilizes mobile-specific templates based on the look and feel of the desktop site, for a consistent brand identity on both mobile and desktop display.
- Device Detection - Device-detection identifies when a user is on a mobile device and automatically displays the mobile website.
- Content Database - The mobile site also shares the same database with the standard desktop website, so no duplication of content is required, and all pages can easily be managed via the site’s CMS.
- Restaurant Landing Pages - each restaurant in the directory has a mobile sub-site, featuring menus, specials, amenities, hours, contact and directions.
The mobile web application offers a number of mobile-specific features for users, including:
- Touch-Screen Navigation – the mobile site’s interface allows users to conveniently navigate the site in a fashion that is optimized for the mobile touch-screen.
- Click-to-Call - users can call restaurants for reservations or information with a simple one-touch process.
- Mapping & Directions – users can conveniently get directions to their restaurant destination via Google Maps.
- Geo-Location – users can quickly identify nearby restaurants based on their current location.
Because Dining on Cape Cod is a print publication as well as a web directory, a QR code provides the perfect means to bridge offline and online media. The QR Code is included within the print version of the Dining Guide so users simply need to scan it with their smartphone to get to the interactive mobile version.
Analytics & Measurement
Mobile analytics are able to track the number of users to the Dining Guide web app, along with device type and other statistics.
To learn more, simply complete the form below and we’ll be happy to follow-up with additional information, including:
- Needs Assessment
- Cost Estimates
- Questions & Answers