Companion Website for Health Publication
Companion Website for Health Publication - Our Bodies, Ourselves
The Boston Women's Health Book Collective (BWHBC) needed to develop a companion website for the 2005 edition of their landmark women's health publication: Our Bodies, Ourselves (OBOS) .
The site needed to let visitors easily find health information and resources related to book topics, while also integrating a robust content management system that could be utilized by BWHBC staff for efficient site updates.
Human Service Solutions worked closely with the BWHBC web team to develop a web interface that would serve as a logical complement to the print publication. The final result included a dynamic website driven by a customized content management system (CMS):
- Chapter-specific navigation
- Design scheme based on OBOS book
- Integrated chapter content and reader resources
- Unique search codes allowing site visitors to conveniently locate companion book content
- CMS allowing for convenient site updates, with custom content modules for book excerpts, companion book material, resources, and news features.
- Press Kit area for book promotion and public relations
This project resulted in a website that effectively serves as an extension of the Our Bodies, Ourselves book by making OBOS resources and supplementary information available to readers worldwide. The site has also served as a practical public relations tool for the book and its mission of promoting women's health information.