Conversion Rate Optimization
Getting visitors to your website is only the first step in a journey that results in a measurable action. You don't just want visits for the sake of attracting users who will never interact with your business or organization. You want to motivate users to interact with your web pages in specific ways; these actions are known as a "conversion", and it's the primary goal of most websites in one way or another.
Conversions may take many forms, depending on your business/organizational model, including:
- Placing a sales order
- Sending a service inquiry
- Making a donation
- Completing a volunteer form
- Signing up for a newsletter
- Downloading a trial or special offer
Unfortunately, many organizations are so focused on driving "traffic" to their websites that they lose sight of the reason that they want those visitors in the first place—to get users to take a desired action, to convert those visitors into new customers, clients, or supporters. Every time a visitor to your site fails to take action it is a missed opportunity. Fortunately there are way to improve your odds.
What Conversion Rate Optimization Involves
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of modifying your site's target landing pages in ways that will inspire a greater number of site visitors to take the desired actions. This process borrows from several areas of web design, development and strategy, including:
- Content & Messaging—letting visitors know what you want them to do, and providing them with a compelling reason to do so (i.e. "call to action")
- User Psychology—understanding what it is that will appeal to your target visitors
- Design & Layout—presenting the action triggers (e.g., signup form, shopping cart) in a user-friendly manner that makes it easy for visitors to take the desired action
- User Experience—making it easy for visitors to navigate your site and find what it is they're looking for, and guiding them toward action triggers while building a general sense of comfort and credibility
By applying a range of conversion optimization best practices to your web pages we can greatly improve your bottom-line results.
Why You Need Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization goes hand-in-hand with other Internet marketing efforts such as SEM/PPC advertising with Google Ads campaigns, as well as search engine optimization (SEO). If you're spending money on PPC or SEO campaigns to drive traffic to your site, make sure you're realizing the greatest possible return on investment by converting the maximum number of site visitors. Sound conversion optimization principles make websites instantly more productive and profitable without a single new visitor because you're increasing the conversions among the visitors you already have.
To learn more, simply complete the form below and we’ll be happy to follow-up with additional information, including:
- Needs Assessment
- Cost Estimates
- Questions & Answers