Responsive Website Design Services
A mobile-friendly website is no longer a luxury - it's a fundamental requirement for any serious business website, and a number of reasons why a mobile website is important. As more and more users access websites across a wide range of devices, mobile compatibility has become increasingly necessary to make sure that your website provides all visitors with a positive user experience across all devices - from desktops and laptops, down to tablets and handhelds. And if user-experience isn't important enough, Google now also favors mobile-friendly websites in search results.
There are a number of ways to build a mobile-compatible website, but the most practical and popular approach is to develop a responsive website, which is a single website that can automatically scale the layout across many different screen sizes.
Responsive Website Design Benefits
A responsive website enables the page layout to automatically adjust across a range of screen sizes and has a number of benefits, including:
- Fluid Width - The responsive layout of the website automatically scales to the size of the user's device, from desktop down to tablet and handheld smartphone. This ensures a positive experience for anyone using the website, regardless device type.
- Ease of Maintenance - Since responsive websites share the same design and content across all devices, maintenance is greatly simplified compared to maintaining separate stand-alone websites for different devices or platforms. Any updates to website content are instantly available on all devices.
- Development Costs - Costs are similar to traditional desktop-only websites, and are primarily dependent upon functional and design requirements. Responsive web design can be challenging initially because you need to address display on multiple screen sizes, but the results are well-worth it.
- Shared Functionality - Any functionality you build can apply to all devices, rather than having to duplicate it for a separate mobile website.
- Search Engine Optimization - SEO practices are simplified with a responsive website because they only need to be applied to a single site. Plus Google recommends responsive web design and having your website become mobile-friendly will help with your Google visibility overall.
How Do I Get a Responsive Website?
There are two general ways to build a responsive website:
- Build a New Site - In many cases, a complete rebuild may make the most sense. This is especially true with older websites and ones in need of a design and/or functionality upgrade.
- Convert an Existing Site - Do a "responsive conversion" whereby the existing site structure and functionality are maintained (to whatever degree possible). The website templates (the building blocks of the website's appearance) are rebuilt to become responsive and look great across all screen sizes.
Are you interested in learning more about responsive and stand-alone mobile websites? We're happy to help you make the transition to a mobile-friendly web presence - please don't hesitate to contact us using the form below.
To learn more, simply complete the form below and we’ll be happy to follow-up with additional information, including:
- Needs Assessment
- Cost Estimates
- Questions & Answers